The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Today we are going to cook one Vegetable Quicheit is not more than one salty tart, based on shortcrust pastry, with a filling that is prepared with beaten eggs, liquid cream and vegetables, and as a culmination, cheese. I can assure you that it is one of the Vegetable Quiche richest we’ve ever tasted.
The origin of the quiche It’s French, you can find so many versions of the same recipe that it’s worth trying them all, I’m sure you’ll like them. In Pequerecetas you can find different versions, I recommend this one in the first place Zucchini Quiche or this other quiche Lorraine.
But today we leave you with the version that we have liked the most so far: Vegetable Quiche. You will lick your fingers!
Let’s see how to make a step by step vegetable quiche?
Vegetable Quiche Recipe
- Broken mass
- 1 zucchini
- 300g pumpkin
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 small can of peas
- 1 onion
- 200 g cooking cream
- 1 egg L
- Emmental cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make vegetable quiche
- Peel and cut the carrot, zucchini, pumpkin, red pepper and onion into cubes.
- Pour some oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the onion, carrot and red pepper, as well as a little salt.
- When the onion begins to be transparent, we add the zucchini. Mix well and let fry for 5 minutes.
- Then add the pumpkin with the peas and a little salt. From time to time we mix all the vegetables well to prevent them from sticking in the pan. Once the vegetables are well poached, turn off the heat and reserve.
- In a container suitable for the oven, spread a little butter and arrange the shortcrust pastry. Prick the entire base with a fork to prevent it from rising.
- Bake the dough at 180º for 15 minutes. This step is important so that the shortcrust pastry is crunchy.
- Add the cream to the reserved vegetables and the beaten egg.
- We mix well and incorporate the filling on the shortcrust pastry that will already be baked, we arrange the cheese on top and we take it to the oven for 30 minutes at 180º heat up and down.
- After the time has elapsed, remove the vegetable quiche from the oven and serve very hot.
Do you dare to cook one today? Vegetable Quiche?
Vegetable Quiche with Roasted Peppers and Spinach
Another delicious option to prepare a Vegetable Quichein this case stuffed with roasted peppers and fresh spinach you will see how delicious!
- A package of shortcrust pastry
- 3 peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml (a small brick) of cooking cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella
- 1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
How to make spinach and pepper quiche
- Place the peppers in a baking dish cut in half and remove the seeds.
- Place them skin side up and paint the skin with a mixture of garlic powder and olive oil.
- Bake at 200ºC for 20-25 minutes.
How to make oven roasted peppers
- Once the peppers are roasted, cut them into strips, removing the seeds and skin.
- While we place the broken dough in a mold and with the edge of a knife or a roller we cut the edge as shown in the image. Prick the bottom of the dough several times with a fork so that it does not bubble.
- Place the peppers in strips and the spinach on top of the peppers.
- Then we sprinkle abundantly with grated mozzarella over the vegetables.
- In a bowl, we mix the eggs, cream or milk cream and season it with salt, pepper and basil.
- Pour this mixture over the vegetable cake, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 200ºC for 17-25 minutes or until we see that the upper part is gratin.
Be sure to try another famous French recipe with vegetables, the ratatouille
How to make Ratatouille (the one from the movie)
Origin of the French quiche
he or she quiche as we know it today has its origin in the Lorraine region, in eastern France. There a salty cake called «kuchen» that was done with a Broken mass and was filled with eggs, cream and bacon. Over time, this dish became popular in other regions of France and new ingredients were added, such as cheese and vegetables.
The quiche became known worldwide from the 1950s, thanks to the success of the French brand «quiche Lorraine“, which began to market the frozen product in supermarkets around the world. Since then, quiche has become a popular recipe in international cuisine, with variants incorporating different ingredients and flavors.
More vegetable quiche recipes
If you want to try other french quiche recipes with vegetable ingredients, try the broccoli quichethe Zucchini Quiche wave Spinach Quichethree delicious options for a light dinner.
Vegetable Quiche Recipes
Broccoli Quiche (easy recipe)
The entry Vegetable Quiche was first published on PequeRecetas