The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
How rich are the potatoes to the sailor! It is a unique and complete dish for the whole family, very simple to prepare and consistent; a spoon dish to enjoy in winter when it’s cold outside, each spoonful is a real pleasure because it is a very tasty stew, as well as cheap.
The stewed potatoes a la marinera Although simple to make, they take some time; but with a little organization we will enjoy an exquisite meal. We can cook the prawn broth and open the mussels the day before, so the same day we only have to start with the potatoes to the sailor and in just 40 minutes we will have it ready.
As with all recipes, the ingredients are very important; our recommendation is that the prawns be as fresh as possible and that the mussels be of a good size. The rest, although laborious, is easy to prepare. I encourage you to cook the potatoes to the sailorWe promise you that you will not regret it.
Potatoes a la marinera recipe
- 1kg of potatoes
- 10 prawns
- 500g of mussels
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- Fish soup
- 200g peas
How to make seafood potatoes
Prepare the prawns and mussels
- Open the steamed mussels, remove the shells, strain the broth and reserve. If you don’t know how it’s done, you can see it here.
- Peel the prawns and reserve. Sauté the skins and heads of the prawns in a saucepan with a few drops of olive oil; Crush the heads with a mortar to remove all the juice, add the water from where we have cooked the mussels until the shrimp skins are completely covered, and cook for 15 minutes. Let’s pour a little salt.
We stew the potatoes a la marinera
- Peel and wash the potatoes, then chop them. Peel and chop the onion, garlic and chop the pepper.
- In a saucepan add olive oil, covering the entire bottom. We make the sauce with the onion, pepper and bay leaf. Once the sauce is well poached, remove the vegetables from the blender, add a splash of white wine and blend.
- Pour the potatoes into the casserole, the vegetables that we finished mashing, the broth from the shrimp heads and shells and without covering, add a little fish broth, you can use a store-bought one or prepare a delicious homemade one with this recipe.
- Cook over low heat until the potatoes are cooked, halfway through cooking add the peas.
Sauté the prawns or prawns
- Meanwhile, add a drizzle of olive oil in a frying pan and brown a clove of garlic in pieces. Once the garlic is golden, we sauté the prawns, remove from the heat and turn off.
We finished our potatoes a la marinera
- After time, the potatoes are ready; add a little salt, pepper, taste if it is tasty, then add the mussels and prawns, let it boil and serve the seafood potatoes very hot
How to make the best seafood potatoes
- HOW TO KNOW IF THE MUSSELS ARE FRESH: choose those that have a closed shell. If the shell is slightly open, give it a light blow, if it closes, it is alive, otherwise it is better to discard it. Also discard those mussels with broken or cracked shells. Steaming the mussels will open the shellif there is one that remains closed, it may be in poor condition and you must discard it.
- HOW TO KNOW IF THE PRAWNS ARE FRESH: all fresh seafood should have a pleasant smell of the sea. If they smell bad, or ammonia, they are bad. In addition, the head should look somewhat translucent, there should be no spots on the body, the shell should be shiny and the meat firm.
- THE BROTH: if you can use a homemade fish broth, you will notice the difference. In the recipe that we have left you before you will see that if you prepare a good amount, you can freeze it to have it ready at any time.
Other traditional fish and shellfish stews
If you want to try other fish and seafood stews traditional we recommend the fish and seafood stewhe monkfish and seafood stew (suquet de peix)the Zarzuela seafoodor the traditional seafood soup.
The entry Patatas a la marinera (traditional stew recipe) was first published on PequeRecetas