The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Today we are going to cook Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod, an elaborate recipe but without much complication. Although at first it may seem like a recipe with great difficulty, it is not so, what we must keep in mind is that it will take time in the kitchen, that is why it is best to take advantage of Sundays to make this recipe and enjoy some Stuffed Peppers freshly made
He piquillo peppers It is a variety of pepper that is produced in Lodosa in Navarra (Spain). It is usually cooked in the oven and is usually stuffed, we can find many Piquillo pepper recipes with different types of filling, we are going to fill them with cod.
In addition to filling in Piquillo peppers with cod which is the most traditional recipe, we can eat them raw with a little oil, sliced garlic and salt, in the pan, caramelized or we can use them to accompany meat, oily fish or potato omelette.
Did we discover the recipe for stuffed peppers?
Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod recipe
- 12 whole piquillo peppers canned
- 350 g desalted cod
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 300 ml of whole milk
- 1 onion
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 ml fish broth
- 100ml white wine
- 3 piquillo peppers
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
How to make stuffed piquillo peppers with cod
We boiled the cod
- Place the cod in a saucepan with cold water and bring it to the heat.
- Once it starts to boil, remove from the heat and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cod pieces and crumble them.
We make the bechamel with cod
- In a saucepan we put a little oil and the minced garlic.
- When the garlic begins to have a golden color, add the crumbled cod and stir a couple of times.
- Add a tablespoon of flour, mix well with the cod and gradually add the milk.
- Let cook without stopping stirring until the sauce thickens and add a pinch of salt.
We stuff the peppers
- Put the cod filling in a pastry bag (to make it much easier to fill the peppers but you can use a spoon)
- Fill the piquillo peppers and reserve.
Piquillo pepper sauce
- To make the piquillo sauce, pour a little oil into a casserole, add the onion and cook over medium heat until it takes on a little color.
- Add the other tablespoon of flour and sauté carefully so that the flour does not burn.
- Next we add the glass of wine and once the alcohol evaporates, we add the fish broth.
- Pour the sauce into the blender glass, add 3 piquillo peppers, blend the sauce and return it to the casserole.
- Let cook until the sauce takes shape.
- Finally, carefully add the stuffed piquillo peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve the piquillo peppers in a bowl along with the sauce.
Tips for making stuffed piquillo peppers
- The piquillo peppers are already roasted in hermetic glass jars, you can find them in your usual supermarket.
- We will buy the desalted cod and if possible in crumbs, so we avoid having to remove the skin and bones.
- If there are leftover piquillo peppers, we can keep them in an airtight tupperware. Once cold, they can be frozen or kept in the fridge for a maximum of 2 days.
If you want to try similar recipes with stuffed peppers try the piquillo peppers stuffed with tuna, and other recipes that you might like are the Hake fillets with piquillo pepper saucethe peppers stuffed with rice and tunathe Cod croquetteshe cod a la riojana,wave Cod omelette.
look at the recipe
Peppers Stuffed With Tuna
Hake fillets with piquillo pepper sauce
Tricolor peppers stuffed with rice and baked tuna
Baked peppers stuffed with minced meat
The entry Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod was first published on PequeRecetas