The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
have you tried the moussaka or musaka recipeever? This Greek dish is a fabulous way to getting kids to eat vegetables and meat in a single dish, since the moussaka is made with eggplants and minced meat; It is a dish with the consistency necessary to avoid having to accompany it with a first course.
Although the Greek version is the most famous, it must be said that themoussakait is a traditional dish in the Balkans and the Middle East. The word is of Arabic origin and comes fromsaqqaʿa‘to freeze, to turn white’”, but it came down to us through the Greek.
The moussaka recipe is similar to the meat lasagnabut with a flavor and texture that eggplants provide unmatched.
Its smooth texture and the flavor of minced meat and tomato will surely delight the children (and the rest of the family). Another way for children to eat vegetables, as is the case with fish, is to camouflage both their sight (which children do not usually like) and their taste, mixing it with other foods they like… This is the case of moussaka, a recipe that will transport you to Greece and its flavors. By the way, if you want to know more about the greek mythology and the greek gods Do not miss our Pequeocio article where we explain it to you in detail.
Moussaka or Musaka recipe
For 4-6 people
- 1/2 kg. of aubergines
- 400 g minced meat (preferably lamb)
- 1 small onion
- 4 tablespoons of white wine
- 1 large ripe tomato (or 2 tablespoons tomato paste)
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
For the béchamel sauce
- 500ml milk
- 40 g butter or oil or margarine
- 40g flour
how to make greek moussaka
Prepare the aubergines for the moussaka
- Wash the eggplants. Cut them unpeeled into slices or strips of approximately half a centimeter, sprinkle with salt and let them rest in a colander with a plate that weighs down on them for an hour.
- After this time, dry the aubergines with kitchen paper and fry them in plenty of oil until they are golden brown on both sides. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- we booked
We cook the meat with tomato
- Peel and chop the onion and tomato separately.
- Put the oil in the pan and fry the onion
- When it is poached, add the minced meat and separate with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chopped tomato and sauté mixing well with the meat.
- Add the white wine and oregano and cook over low heat for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Towards the end of cooking season with salt and a little pepper.
Prepare the bechamel sauce
- To prepare the perfect bechamel sauce, you just have to follow the instructions that we have given you here:
How to make bechamel sauce (easy, fast, and without lumps)
Greek moussaka baking
- Lightly grease a baking dish with butter, sprinkle a little with breadcrumbs and place a base of slices or strips of the fried aubergine; put the minced meat with tomato on top and another layer of aubergines on top.
- Repeat until the ingredients are finished, ending with a layer of aubergines.
- Cover everything with bechamel sauce and grated cheese on top and bake at 180°C for about 35 minutes, heat up and down (ventilated if possible).
- We advise you to do the last 5 minutes of cooking with the oven rack high up, on the grill function, in order for the bechamel to brown.
TRY ALSO >Greek salad
Greek Salad (EASY traditional recipe)
Tips for making the best Greek moussaka
- It is a good idea to prepare more and freeze what’s left overthis is how a meal or a quick dinner.
- It can also be prepared in advance in the fridge, and baked at the time of serving.
- To do one lighter versionyou can cook the grilled eggplant instead of frying them.
- If you don’t like lamb meat, a mixture of minced beef and pork will give you a more delicate final flavor.
Grilled aubergines (easy and light recipe)
Other recipes with aubergines
Do you want to try other recipes with eggplants? We recommend the aubergines stuffed with minced meatthe stuffed aubergines with tuna waves Baked eggplants. Also delicious as an aperitif Fried eggplants with cane honeyor the Baba Ganoush.
Eggplant stuffed with minced meat with béchamel (EASY recipe)
Fried eggplants with cane syrup (traditional recipe)
Baba Ganoush or Mutabal (aubergine pate recipe)
The entry Moussaka or Musaka, a delicious Greek recipe was first published in PequeRecetas