The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Today we focus on something that seems to us of maximum interest: how to replace the egg in a recipe.
The food allergies They appear more frequently in childhood. He egg it is revealed as the most allergenic food in children from 1 to 2 years old. The prognosis is good, since children end up tolerating this food, almost always, when they are over 2 or 3 years old.
However, it is normal for mothers with children allergic to eggs find even more difficulties added to the infant feedingbecause everything gets complicated and the egg recipes they are habitual.
Do you know how to prepare a Meringuehow to bind meatballs or hamburgers without eggs, or how to replace the egg in cake or cookie recipes? Do not miss the following tricks:
How to substitute egg in biscuits
One of the things that is probably most sought after is the way to replace the egg in the biscuits, because it seems a fundamental part of them, but it is not like that, look at these options to make eggless biscuits:
5 eggless sponge cake recipes
Egg substitutes in omelettes
If, for example, you want to prepare a eggless potato omelette These are the substitutes you can use:
- seaweed agar-agar powder (an alga capable of gelling and giving a texture similar to an egg). To give color, apart from food coloring, you can use roasted saffron infused in a little vegetable milk that, apart from the color, tastes similar to egg yolk. The seaweed must first be brought to a boil in that milk, and then let it curdle with the rest of the ingredients, in a mold, in the fridge for about 2 hours. If you want to serve it hot, you will have to heat it in the oven at 170º for a few minutes, and serve without unmolding.
- 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour + 2 tablespoons of water or non-dairy milk. If you toast the flour a little before, you will have a very pleasant aroma of dried fruit.
- 1 tablespoon of soy flour + 2 tablespoons of water or non-dairy milk.
- 1 tablespoon of cornmeal + 2 tablespoons of water or vegetable milk.
- 1 tablespoon of cornmeal + 1 tablespoon of ground flax + 4 tablespoons of water or non-dairy milk.
- 2 tablespoons of “Yolanda” flour + 150 cc (1 glass of wine) of water or non-dairy milk.
Eggless potato omelette
How to Substitute Egg in Scrambled
- soft or soft tofujust like a tortilla with some type of flour, but stirring carefully so that everything is done.
To brush pastries or puff pastry
If you are preparing recipes eggless desserts and you need to brush them before baking, you can use these egg substitutes:
- olive oil.
- vegetable milk.
- 1 teaspoon of powdered agar-agar seaweed + 1 teaspoon margarine + 1 glass of boiling water.
- melted vegetable margarine with sugar and water.
Egg-free desserts (6 recipes to make sweets and pastries without eggs)
Egg substitute in crepe recipes
Pancake without egg 1
Ingredients: 100 g of flour + 1/2 glass of sparkling water. Mix the flour with the sparkling water, avoiding any lumps. Add salt (if the crepe will be salty) or sugar and vanilla essence (if it will be sweet) and a tablespoon of oil.
Mix everything and let it rest while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
Eggless Pancake 2
Ingredients:½ cup soy milk + 2/3 cup water (or more if needed) + 1/4 cup melted margarine + 1 cup flour + salt or sugar.
Mix everything with the mixer until smooth and without lumps, and let it rest in the fridge while you make the fillings.
When cooking them, the process is exactly the same as any other crepe.
GLUTEN FREE and EGG FREE vegan crepes
How to Substitute Egg in Batters
- Orange juice.
- pass the food through mixture of water and wheat flour 50% and then bread crumbs.
- chickpea flour. Mix water and chickpea flour until it has the consistency of beaten egg, pass the ingredient through this mixture and then through the breadcrumbs. If you toast the flour beforehand, an aroma of dried fruit remains.
- cornmeal or cornstarchcreating a dough similar to chickpea flour.
Replace the egg in tempuras
If you want to prepare a vegetable tempura or any other food, you can also do it in a simple way:
- 3 glasses of very cold water (almost ice cold) + 100 g sifted flour
Egg substitutes to “bind” meatballs or hamburgers
- oat flakes soaked in water or vegetable milk.
- breadcrumb soaked in water or vegetable milk.
- 1 tablespoon of soy flour dissolved in 3 of water.
- 1 grated apple.
- peanut butter.
- mashed potato or breadcrumbs.
- methylcellulose (1g of methyl sprinkled as salt for every 150g of cooked vegetables).
For SAUCES, such as mayonnaise or ali-oli
- soy drink or tofu.
- other vegetable drinks: oatmeal, rice,…
Egg substitutes in cakes and cookies
- a tablespoon of flax seeds and 3 tablespoons of water (you will find them in dietetics). Finely grind the flax seeds, transfer them to a bowl and beat with 3 tablespoons of water with the help of a fork. It will become slimy and gelatinous, much like an egg.
- a crushed ripe banana with the rest of the ingredients of the dough; It gives it softness, volume and a soft aroma.
- a grated ripe apple.
- Cake: 500 g “Yolanda” flour + 500 cc of soy milk + 300 gr of sugar + 1 sachet of yeast + 250 gr of vegetable margarine + 1 small cup of olive oil + orange zest.
How to make meringue without eggs
- Beat 60 grams of Irish moss seaweed with 100 ml of warm water until it forms a puree. Add 500 ml of coconut milk + 100 g of soaked cashews + 1 fresh coconut meat + 110 ml of agave syrup + salt and vanilla to taste. Beat everything until it forms a cream, and then add 3 tablespoons of lecithin (powdered or liquid) + 200 ml of melted coconut butter
Substitute the egg in a mousse
- soft or smooth tofu passed through the blender.
The entry How to replace the egg in recipes? was first published on PequeRecetas