The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
there are times we need peel almonds to make some recipes in which, for aesthetics or texture, we need the almonds to be skinless. This is the case, for example, of the almond flourhe White garlicthe Meatballs in almond sauce or the thistle in almond saucejust to name some of the recipes in which we need peeled almonds.
Of course we can buy them already peeled, but there are several reasons for which to remove the ptrue to almonds at home may be a good idea:
- The skin protects them and keep longer crunchy and tasty.
- They are not always achieved peeled and whole in any supermarket.
- Almonds with skin are cheaper than the peeled ones
So if for whatever reason you need remove skin from almondswe are going to explain how to do it in several ways.
How to remove the skin from almonds
The most used system for peel almonds is he scalding, that is to say, pass them through boiling water so that the skin comes off. It is very simple, you just have to follow these steps:
- We put the almonds in a strainer that we can rest on the saucepan so that the almonds are submerged in the water. We always use this pot with a strainer that is super practical:
REDUCED TODAY 13%
Genius World’s Greatest Pot 3-Piece Cookware Set with Strainer, 20 cm, for Induction,…
- A Must Have for Any Kitchen – World’s Greatest Pot in Black with Built-in Filter and…
- The World Greatest Pot is a pot with a built-in strainer.
- In pot we put boil a large amount of water.
- when the boil waterremove from the heat and put the strainer with the almonds inside and leave about 30 seconds.
- We drain and remove the skin from the almonds pressing them a little at one end.
- If they do not come out, we submerge in the boiling water for a few more seconds.
How to peel almonds in the microwave
The blanching method can also be done in the microwave:
- In a microwave-safe container we put water and we take it to warm up some 3 0 4 minutes at full powerit has to boil.
- Remove the container from the microwave put the almonds inside and we return to heat 1 minute at full power.
- Remove, drain and we are removing the skin by squeezing each almond a little from the tip, the skin will come out effortlessly.
Peel almonds in Thermomix
For remove skin from almonds using Thermomix follow the next steps:
- We put in the glass approximately 1.5 l of water. We program 10 minutes, 100°C, speed 2.
- Place the basket and the almonds inside and program 1 minute, 100°C, speed 2.
- We remove the basket, empty it on absorbent paper and remove the skin from the almonds by applying a little pressure on them.
Why are almonds peeled?
The skin of the almonds can be hard to digest for people with problems or intolerances, and may have a bitter taste that affects the overall flavor of the almonds.
Besides, shell the almonds It is also useful to use in the kitchen, because the skin can affect the appearance of certain dishes and it may be preferable to remove it for a more attractive final result.
In short, peeling almonds can improve their flavor, texture, and appearance, and can also make them easier for some people to digest.
Recipes with peeled almonds
Take advantage of the peeled almonds to make these wonderful recipes with almonds:
Recipes with almonds:
+20 easy and healthy recipes with almonds and almond flour
The entry How to peel almonds quickly and easily was first published on PequeRecetas