The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Today we bring you the recipe for manchego ratatouille, a true classic of Spanish gastronomy. It is a vegetable fry from the garden. The base of this ratatouille should always be tomato and pepper and garlic, onion and zucchini are usually added, all cut into small pieces, diced, cooked over low heat until the tomato is well fried.
He manchego ratatouille It does not have to have a lot of oil, so it is a very healthy dish with few calories, perfect for the whole family to eat vegetables. The best thing is that it can be served as an accompaniment to meat or fish, although really the vegetable ratatouille The way it is best is with a fried egg and a good piece of bread. Our mouths are watering just imagining that yolk mixed with the ratatouille… Mmmmm.
I also like to prepare a large quantity, because I freeze it in portions and then it solves many meals for me, so I use it as a filling for lasagna either dumplings or just add it to some macaroni and we already have the food.
You can find it already prepared in many shops but as a manchego ratatouille homemade in the traditional way there is nothing. In addition, it is very easy to prepare and you can do it in advance. We leave you with the recipe manchego ratatouille so that you are encouraged to prepare it yourself at home.
Traditional manchego ratatouille recipe
- 1 large or 2 small onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 zucchini
- 400 g of crushed tomato
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make pisto manchego step by step
- In a casserole we put virgin or extra virgin olive oil and add the garlic and onion, sauté for a few minutes and add the green peppers.
- We fry for a few minutes and add the courgettes, unpeeled and also cut into cubes.
- We leave it for another few minutes and finally add the crushed tomato or grated tomato, a little salt, freshly ground black pepper and ground cumin.
- We cook everything over low heat until the tomato is fried.
Tips to make a perfect ratatouille
- Cook ratatouille At home it is a way to take advantage of the vegetables that we have left in the fridge since you can add the ones you have.
- Manchego ratatouille is made with unpeeled zucchini, but if the kids in the house don’t like it, try peeling it and it will be softer for them.
- If you add to manchego ratatouille chicken breast cut into pieces and grilled, you will have a very complete single dish.
Conservation of ratatouille
- He ratatouille it can be prepared in advance, it is even better the next day, so it is great to take in a lunch box if you are one of those who eat out.
- This dish is good both hot and cold.
- If you make a lot of it you can freeze it or make preserves.
The entry How to make Manchego ratatouille (easy recipe) was first published on PequeRecetas