The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
He cod in pil pil is a dish of Basque origin, although it has become one of the cod recipes most traditional Spanish gastronomy.
A dish that I was very afraid of, since getting the oil to emulsify with the gelatin of thecod It is a task that requires time, patience and a lot of twisting of the wrist since it is traditionally achieved by turning the pan over and over again.
But I have to confess that since I saw the cod in pil-pil with a strainer my fear has vanished, I hope that you also dare to prepare it because surely you are going to conquer the whole family, below we will tell you about this and others Tricks to make a perfect pil pil cod!
Cod al pil pil recipe
- 4 cod fillets in their point of salt
- 1 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 chillies
How to make cod pil-pil easy and fast
We desalted the cod
- If you use salted cod, the first thing to do is desalt the cod, for this we put it in cold water for 48 hours, changing the water every 12 hours. But you can skip the step desalt cod since cod loins are sold at their point of salt ready to cook.
How to desalt cod
Sauté the garlic and chillies
- We put extra virgin olive oil in a casserole, enough since the more oil the more sauce
- We fry the laminated garlic cloves and the chillies
- We remove them and reserve.
We cook the cod loins
- Lower the heat and cook the cod fillets with the skin facing down (sticking to the bottom of the pan) for about 12 minutes over a very low heat since we want it to confit, we will move the casserole from time to time.
- Remove the loins and reserve.
Trick to emulsify the pil pil sauce
- We put all the oil in a jug and then we add the oil to the casserole, now without fire, very little by little
- With the other hand we take a strainer and with it we go around moving the oil.
- In this way we manage to emulsify the gelatin that contains the cod with the oil, obtaining a thick sauce with an incomparable flavor. I assure you that in a few minutes you will have your pil pil done.
How to accompany cod with pil pil
All that remains is to serve the cod fillets with the pil pil on top, garnished with garlic and chillies.
This Basque dish goes very well with recipes from potatoes to the poor, Baked potatoesa homemade mashed potatoesor simply a microwave roasted potato garnishand then sautéed with a little garlic and parsley.
We recommend you try this cod pil pil recipe because it’s delicious and it’s easier than you might think, you’ll tell us about it!
More traditional cod recipes
The cod recipes are typical in many areas of Spain, and in each region they have a specialty, proof of this are the Biscayne style codhe Cod Bilbaina stylehe Cod a la Riojanahe rice with cod waves cod turkeys Andalusian (or the little soldiers of Pavia from Madrid), or also the Bacalao Al Ajoarriero typical of the Basque Country and Navarre.
Recipes with cod
Cod a la Bilbaína with baked potatoes (traditional recipe)
Biscayne style cod (traditional recipe)
Cod a la riojana (very easy recipe)
Rice with cod (traditional Andalusian recipe)
Cod pavías (traditional Andalusian recipe)
Also in our neighboring country, Portugal, cod is a main ingredient in its gastronomy. try the Cod Portuguesewhat is done bakedhe golden cod oa brásor the bolinhos de bacalhauwhich are some Cod croquettes with potato.
Recipes with cod
Portuguese cod (Portuguese baked cod recipe)
Golden cod or Bacalhau à Brás (typical Portuguese recipe)
Portuguese cod and potato croquettes (Bolinhos de bacalhau)
But there are many more easy recipes that are consumed in all Spanish homes, such as Cod omelettehe Cod with tomatothe Cod meatballshe cod confitand many others:
Chickpeas with cod (traditional recipe)
Piquillo peppers stuffed with cod
Shredded cod scrambled eggs with potatoes
The entry Homemade pil pil cod (recipe and tricks to make the sauce) was first published on PequeRecetas