The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
Today we are going to prepare a traditional Italian cake, the crostata. For those of you who don’t know this typical Italian sweetthe crostata It is a cake made with frolla pasta as a base (prepared with butter, flour, eggs and sugar as basic ingredients) and is usually filled mainly with jam or Nutella, but it can be filled with different ingredients: cream, cottage cheese…
It is very attractive, easy to prepare and is ideal to finish those jars of jam that we have left in the fridge. It is so beautiful that it is a fantastic cake to give as a gift. If it has everything!
The frola paste can be replaced by Broken massbut from its flavor and texture I would say that it is more like the dough of cookies. The combination of this dough with the fruity flavor of the jam is exquisite, once you try it I assure you that it will become a classic in your kitchen, are we going to see the recipe for this? cake?
Italian crostata recipe
For 4 mini molds of 10 cm in diameter.
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 100g of sugar
- 150 g cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- zest of 1 lemon
- 300 g of jam of your choice
Ingredients for decoration (optional)
- 7 tablespoons of icing sugar
- 1 egg white
How to make crostata tart stuffed with jam
Prepare the Frola pasta dough
- To prepare the dough for our tart, put the flour with the yeast in a bowl and add the diced butter. If we have a better and easier kitchen robot. Otherwise, we start working with our fingers, we crumble the ingredients to form a kind of “grit” of butter and flour.
- At this point we add the eggs, sugar and lemon zest and work again -again, with a robot or with our hands- until we form a smooth and homogeneous mass.
Fill with the jam
- Put the dough in the fridge and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove and stretch on the work table, leaving it approximately 4 mm thick.
- With this dough we cover the mold, we apply a little pressure to adhere the dough well to the mold and then with the help of the rolling pin, we cut the excess dough.
- Then we fill the cakes with the jam we have chosen.
- To finish, we stretched the dough that was left over again, cut strips and covered the surface.
- Bake at 180° (in a preheated oven) for 30-35 minutes, or until the bottom and surface are golden.
- Remove from the oven and immediately paint the strips of the cover with jam, to give it shine.
- Let cool and then unmold.
The crostata It is a perfect snack for the children at home. With these amounts you can prepare a single cake (in a round mold of about 24 cm in diameter) or several smaller cakes. Do you dare to do it at home?
The entry Crostata, a delicious Italian cake was first published in PequeRecetas