The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
HeChili and meatIt is a typical recipe Tex-Mex cuisinethat is to say, of the gastronomy born in the area of US-Mexico border, particularly in Texas. The fusion between the culinary customs of the Mexican north and the Texans gave rise to this particular type of cuisine. So thechiliit is not a dishMexican Kitchenas many believe, but it is very influenced by this gastronomy.
It is a spicy stew of meat and beans, that is, beans or red beans. We must not confuse it with the Chili, a Mexican dish that is made with meat cut into pieces, chili, onion and tomato. You will see that it is a very simple recipe, yes, you have to like it spicy, although you can always adapt it to your tastes and prepare it less spicy.
Chili Con Carne Recipe
(for 4 people)
- 500 g minced beef
- 400 g of red beans (red beans) already cooked
- 4 garlic cloves
- 400 g of crushed tomato
- an onion
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of chopped chilli (you can vary the amount to taste)
- 1/2 small red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- extra virgin olive oil
- chopped cilantro
How to make chili con carne
- Chop the onion and pepper into small cubes. Heat 3 or 4 tablespoons of oil in a wide frying pan, and when hot, fry the onion and pepper over low heat.
- When the onion is transparent, add the minced garlic, the chilli, the cumin and stir.
- Add the minced meat, paprika, stir and cook over medium-high heat until the meat turns white.
- Add the crushed tomato, salt, sugar, oregano, stir and cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the sauce begins to thicken.
- When the sauce is thicker, add the beans (previously rinsed very well under running water and drained) and let everything cook for a few minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped coriander.
Tips for making a perfect chili
- THE MEAT:We advise you to use quality minced meat, if possible ask your trusted butcher to mince a lean piece of beef for you. You can also use a mix of minced beef and pork, and even prepare it with turkey or chicken.
- THE BEANS:if you have time, you can use dried purple beans. In this case you have to soak them the night before and then cook them before preparing the chili con carne.
How to accompany chili con carne
It can be eaten as a tapa, accompanied by somenachosandcheddar cheeseor serve it as a second course withWhite rice. They can also be preparedtacosstuffed with chili
You can prepare it in advance and heat it at the moment, it lasts 3 or 4 days in the fridge. You can also freeze it.
Accompany it with a very fresh michelada.
Mexican Michelada (what is it and how to make michelada beer)
Did you like it? Be sure to try this typical Texas dish!
Also try:mexican chimichangas
Other Tex-Mex recipes
If you want to try other typical Tex-Mex recipes we recommend the chicken fajitasthe synchronized ham and cheeseor the Nachos with cheeseamong other delicious options.
Mexican Chicken Fajitas
Synchronized ham and cheese (traditional Mexican recipe)
Nachos with cheese (EASY recipe with nachos in 3 steps)
The entry Chili con carne (traditional Tex-Mex recipe) was first published on PequeRecetas