The Best Fluffy Pancakes recipe you will fall in love with. Full of tips and tricks to help you make the best pancakes.
He plenty of riceIt is a typical rice from all over the Mediterranean. Its origin is humble, since the fishermen prepared it with the leftover fish. Normally it was the fish with the most bones and the least meat, the so-called trash fish, although it was almost always a fish with a great flavor.
The fishermen cooked all the fish and with the broth they were able to prepare two dishes, on the one hand they served the fish soup crumbled, often enriched with potatoes and on the other hand they made a stir-fry and cooked rice with the rest of the broth that was accompanied by Aiolihe plenty of ricewhich means rice apart, since the rice is served alone without anything.
It is very similar to arroz del señoret or arroz del señorito, although in this case the origin is very different because it is supposed that all the ingredients of the rice were peeled so that the “gentleman” of the families did not have to do it. Different social origins for two similar rices, in the case of arroz a banda, of humble origin, and in the Mr. Arròst, of wealthy origin.
In this case, we have stayed in the middle class, because we have garnished the arroz a banda with some already peeled prawns, to give some thanks to the dish at the time of presentation, and we have also added chopped cuttlefish.
A banda rice recipe
For the broth:
- 1 kg of whitebait fish
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups of rice
- 300 g cuttlefish
- 2 ñoras
- 4 prawns
- a few strands of saffron
- 4 garlic cloves
- a pinch of salt
- 6 cups of broth
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to make Valencian arroz a banda
Fish broth for rice
- The first thing we are going to do is prepare the fish broth, it will be the base of our rice.
- We put extra virgin olive oil in a pot and add the garlic cloves, the onion cut into quarters and the fish. This time I have put crabs, galleys and some red mullets.
- We fry for a few minutes and cover with water.
- Let cook over medium heat for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Strain and reserve.
How to make broth or fish fumet (EASY recipe)
stir fry for rice
- In the paellera or skillet we fry with a little extra virgin olive oil, 4 garlic cloves and 2 ñoras.
- Remove and grind together with a pinch of salt and a few saffron threads with a mortar or blender.
We incorporate the rice
- Put the sauce back in the pan or paellera, add the cuttlefish, and let it brown for a few minutes.
- When the cuttlefish has a golden color, add the rice.
- We incorporated the fish broth that we had reserved, about six cups.
- Let cook over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Peel some prawns and leave the head and tails. Sauté them in a pan with a pinch of salt until they change color.
- We add them in the last two minutes of cooking the rice to garnish it, together with some garrofons and a few lemon wedges.
- After the time has elapsed, turn off the heat, cover with a cloth, and let it rest for about five minutes.
How to taste arroz a banda
This rice is usually accompanied by a little homemade aioli.
He plenty of rice It is a rice especially indicated for the little ones since they are not going to find any “stumble”. Although you can enrich this dish, adding to the rice some prawns, pieces of sepia or monkfish peeled and cut into small pieces.
How to make homemade aioli (recipe to make the best aioli sauce)
We hope that you will be encouraged to prepare this arroz a banda and that you add it to the rest of rice recipes that we have shared with you.
Other traditional Spanish rice recipes
If you want to try other traditional rice recipes from our geography, we recommend you, in addition to the traditional valencian paellahe black ricehe rice with lobsterhe Rice With Rabbithe Valencian Oven Style Riceor the already mentioned arroz del señoret or señorito:
How to make Valencian paella (the best recipe)
Señoret or señorito rice (arròs del Senyoret)
Black rice with cuttlefish and alioli (EASY recipe)
Rice with lobster (traditional recipe)
How to make Valencian BAKED RICE (Arròs al Forn)
Rice with rabbit (traditional recipe)
The entry Arroz a banda (traditional recipe) was first published on PequeRecetas